Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wooooooomp...

Ah, music. It gets ya every time, at least for me. I love music, all kinds of it, except for country, bleh. I like music with substance and complexity, but I can appreciate simple music that has a good rhythm. Country, however, just seems like there's nothing put into it. Of course the guitarists are good guitarists, and I'm sure the drummers are good drummers, but over time you realize that almost all country sounds exactly the same. Admittedly there are a few country songs that I like, but that's because they stick out from the rest, I can hear the artistry in it.

For me music is much more than a song with instruments playing in the background. It's the perfect melding of different sounds into a harmony. It's the rises and the falls, the anticipation, the ability to stir something inside that I love. From classical to heavy metal, I think about the talent, the time spent, the practice, the puzzle of fitting different sounds together to make something beautiful.

At this very moment I'm listening to dubstep, which I can only describe as the true modern version of "classical" music. Think about it, it's the intermixing of many different sounds together to make something complex yet pleasing to the ear. You have to listen to a single piece many times to hear each different aspect of the music. The difference between "classical" and dubstep is the medium used to produce it, but amazingly the two are easily interchangeable.

Below I will put two links to show you what I mean. Enjoy!

Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites-Dubstep
Skrillex Orchestral Suite-"Classical" (Because it's a dumb generic term)

No comments:

Post a Comment